Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Vintage Movie Night

We went out for a fun movie date last night. We received a wedding gift in the mail from Trinity's godparents, P.J. and Sandy. They told us to go out for a night on the town, so we did! We started out at Tavern on South, a new bar and restaurant downtown. We toasted our marriage and our friends with a little Moscato (me) and bourbon(Trinity).

T had some prime rib that was roughly the size of our cat.
It was still mooing.
He loved it.
I tried not to judge-
I enjoyed a thin crust veggie pizza and then added this pile of deliciousness to my thighs-
chocolate peanut butter molten cake.
It reminded me of the dreaded Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch sundae that I once inhaled on nearly every shift I worked at the Dairy Queen back in '95. I quickly outgrew my shorts and then wised up on that one. I'm no dummy, people.
We ended our evening with a vintage movie showing of the 1932 flick "Law of the Sea." For 1932, it was pretty racy. Attempted rape, suicide, murder and a harlot trying to seduce her cousin's fiancee. All in black and white. We were intrigued. We also enjoyed being the youngest attendees by at least 30 years. We witnessed a 80 something year old man cheering loudly when we watched the 20 minute movie "La Cucaracha" as a surprise showing. It was the first movie made in Technicolor, according to the movie buff who was sharing his collection. I think I am going to try and work this whole "damsel in distress" angle. It totally worked in these movies.

No comments: