I turned 32 on Monday. Yay for me. I got lots of goodies in the mail, including Nordstrom gift cards from my in-laws and sista Katie, moolah from Aunt Shirley, and a sassy little Sephora gift card from best friend Nicole. T came home from work with this pretty little sparkly-

along with some beautiful flowers. He then took me to Chick-fil-a and to see The Hangover II. I've never seen a sequel that is just the same movie repeated. It was pretty lame.
The party continued the next day with a trip to see Ray LaMontagne in concert, birthday tickets courtesy of brother Robby.

I wore my new necklace that was a birthday gift from best friend Jamie, who took me to brunch on my birthday along with Allison. I regaled Allison with tales from my 12th birthday pool party. I reminded her that her job was to bring the cool factor then, as she was 16 and very awesome. Big sister Katie was her sidekick in coolness, as I looked adoringly at them while they organized my fellow gangly preteen friends into teams to toss water balloons. Sadly, neither of them remembered much about what I considered to be a very memorable day. Boo hiss. Allison still brought the cool to my birthday 20 years later.
We had a stunningly beautiful evening to listen to Ray.

No comments:
Post a Comment