Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 12, 2011

San Juan Part I

Trinity and I arrived in San Juan late Saturday night for our week long early anniversary trip. We stayed at La Concha, as I wrote about a few months ago.
We checked in to our ultra swanky, modern, these living quarters are far too hip for Betsy room and then headed down to the lobby/lounge that fit the same description.

We toasted our journey with $12 margaritas-

and were quickly reminded how nice and carefree an all-inclusive trip is! Not here, peeps! Trinity was shocked at how shocked I was about how expensive the drinks were. He was like, "we're at the hotel, duh!"
I was quite distraught that we had to miss Uncle Maurice's funeral and visitation. His visitation was Sunday, so we walked 3 blocks to Stella Maris Catholic church in San Juan for a little misa en Espanol. That's right, we honored our precious priest by attending mass in Spanish. Now everyone knows that the rituals of the Catholic church don't change. We knew when to sit down, stand up, kneel and take communion. I caught about every 5th word that the priest said but couldn't string it together to understand much. Oh well, prayers were said and we left feeling a tad better.
We walked to brunch and saw this in a store window. Pope John Paul II or Juan Pablo II or JP2 as I call him was there! It was a sign! I was so happy about this.

No comments: