There is not a lot of excitement going on with me these days. I'm reading lots of books, but took a trip to the library after I discovered I had spent $50 on books for my Kindle last month. My dad was like, "That's not bad. You'd spend more buying hardbacks."
Alas he is correct, however I don't ever buy books. Historically I went to the library or borrowed books from my friend Jamie. Now I have $50 worth of digital books that I have read but cannot share with my pal Jamie.
Boo hiss.
Kindle Hiatus is in full effect.
Moving on to a total Betsy story. My favorite bar in town, The Ball and Biscuit, has been open for a year. As part of their celebration, the owner is hiding one $25 gift card around downtown Indy each day for like a week. He is posting clues on FB to find them. I love a good scavenger hunt. My mom did a great one for me on like my 11th birthday to find Samantha, my American Girls Doll. Yes, I was 11. Yes, I was playing with dolls. Shut it.
So Trinity is like, "you're not working, go find one of those gift cards!"
I set off for my 6:30 a.m. yoga class early to hit up the Indiana War Memorial to locate one of them there gift cards.
Picture it....
the sun is rising and an odd girl is running laps up and down the steps and then in circles around the obelisk looking for the card.
I looked like I was getting exercise, running the stairs, but I had my purse all Estelle Getty style.
I didn't find it. I felt defeated. Scavenger/Treasure hunts aren't as fun when you don't find the scavenge or the treasure. I will try again tomorrow. I'm thinking someone already snagged it, rather than that I have poor eyesight. I've had Lasik, so I refuse to accept that.
Moving on to yoga, my pal and instructor Amy pushed me to do a headstand.
I was scared.
She was pushy.
I have shared my donkey kick story from childhood and my reluctance to do anything resembling gymnastics.
She was pushy.
I did it.
She totally held my legs up.
I count it as a small victory.

When I came back down, I considered doing this-
but I didn't.
I'm thinking chalk powder all over me might help my form.
Lastly I moved on to the post office.
I hate the Post Office. I recognize that it is a federal office, so I might be put on some sort of watch list for saying that.
They are usually mean to me.
I needed to return something and brought the box in.
The lady asked me if I wanted to ship it PRIORITY MAIL.
I did.
She then handed me this-

clearly she has never seen me gift wrap something.
I hate these things.
There was no one in line at 8 a.m, yet she watched me wrestle with this tape thingy whilst trying to hold my box edges together.
I taped my chest to the box while simultaneously removing the tip of my left pinky finger.
That didn't happen, but it was probably definitely worthy of a youtube video.
Package returned, on to a day of little activity.
Stay tuned for scavenger updates.
I am determined!


1 comment:
You aren't working this summer...so why are you going to 6:30am yoga, Bets? Don't you ever sleep?
Post a Comment