Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Heavily Photographed Celebration of Me!

Mother's Canon was out in full force on Saturday night to celebrate my birthday at my parents' house.
There are lots of pictures of me. I was the star. Consider yourself forewarned.

We started with a fabulous pink and green cake. The cake was pink and green. It made me wish I was a fan of Lilly Pulitzer attire, which I'm not. I am a huge fan of cake though, so I was super excited.
It was from Tiers of Elegance. I told my brother this. He was so confused, exclaiming, "that's a terrible name for a cake place." I had to spell tiers, not tears. No one's crying over cake, least of all me.
We started with margaritas. Mom hates them. She even tried to send one back at a Mexican restaurant once. I had to drink hers and mine to avoid wasting it. I love margaritas, but hate the heartburn that always follows them.
Prom style pics with the parentals.
Here are all of the young kids.
Robeghan, T, moi, Kate, Ryan, Molly and Megan
Molly wooed us all with her 2 year old preciousness. She liked to kiss her daddy.
Kate came down from Chicago for the weekend to visit. She also came to take a fabulous picture.
Precious face
which is a mini version of her mother's precious face
Robby was the grill master.
Then things got silly. My dear mother wanted me to pose with my husband. I did this move instead.

Oh, I'm so glamorous-

Yes, yes, Betsy, you're the next Cindy Crawford.
And I was just so busy being stunning that I didn't realize that I did this-
THAT FACE!
The one I claim I don't make even though everyone says I do it all the time!
Yes, it looks familiar.
You've seen it here
I fold.
I do make that face. Now that I have admitted it, perhaps I can stop contorting my features into that horrible look.

Speaking of ridiculous smirks...
Cooperate, please.
We are so funny!
We must look at the mamarazzi!


We ended the evening with cake and a very cooperative toddler who enjoyed saying
"Happy birthday, Beshee."
Thank you to my parents who made this birthday ever so happy with a little soiree, a pedicure, iPhone, Hobo clutch and a book version of this here silly li'l blog.
xoxo

No comments: