Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Dad's a Peach

Happy Father's Day to my wonderful father, who made me who I am today. He might not want credit for my demanding and annoying attributes.
He's always been a hoot of a man.
Patient, kind, with no temper at all.
This fact was proven by his mild reactions to my pitiful attempts at sports throughout childhood.
He was definitely a "just try your best" type of dad.
I rarely tried my best in athletics.
That might have made me sweat.

This might be my favorite photo of us, taken when I was about 3, and Dad is 33.

In honor of the holiday, I thought I'd include some of those hilarious cards that I love, both of which are appropriate for our relationship.

www.someecards.com

*this last one is a total exaggeration. He totally stopped paying my credit card when I was 23. That's when I gave up my final Shell gas credit card. I would really like to have that again.

As I was preparing this,my dear mother told me that I didn't do a Mother's Day post for her. Oh, the shame and guilt that woman can bestow upon her middle child.
She doesn't like to be left out.
She always came to Dad's Weekends at the DG house because she didn't want to miss the action.
Oh, and we were very happy to have her.
So here's a little tribute to Jane, courtesy of Brittany, Jeannette and Eleanor.

No comments: