Betsy

Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Boring!!!

My lack of blogging is correlated to my lack of excitement.  We've been busy with work and school, and not a lot else.  However, T has really been enjoying his "Lemon."  


That would be the Lululemon jacket that my brother and sister got him for his birthday.  We discovered it is even more fabulous to wear while eating at Yats than to wear while doing yoga or running.

There has been kitty wrestling.
I'm actually watching football.  I've gotten through many games recently, making it to halftime in the Notre Dame-Michigan game and all the way through a couple of Tennessee games.  I may just be watching for Erin Andrews' outfits.  I wish I had her mermaid hair.

I will close with my best teaching story of the week.  I sat down to have a writing conference with an EL 5th grader on Thursday, who was finishing up his narrative.  I will preface this by saying he was being truthful, there was absolutely no intent to be snarky or funny on his part.  His first sentence went something like this, "One fall afternoon, Brandon got off the bus feeling very aroused."  
While straining to maintain a straight face, I asked him about using the word aroused.  He responded that he didn't really know this word, but was working on word choice and wanted a better word than "excited."  He then pulled out his thesaurus and showed me how he had used it.  I tried to explain that although aroused is indeed a synonym for excited, it was not the best choice in this context.  He flipped back to the thesaurus and actually said, "How about stimulated?"  
"No, Brandon, I think "excited" will work for you here."
I love my job.

1 comment:

Schovillova said...

If I said 'Lululemon' to Kev he would think I was talking about an icecream flavor.