This week has been a total change of scenery for me. I was summoned for jury duty on Tuesday to the City-County building. I was pulled from the pool of 22 people to a panel of 14 for questioning by the attorneys and judge. I was the only one who was not directly asked a question, so I assumed I was out. I was wrong. I was juror 7, the alternate juror. I was seated for the entire case, which lasted for three days, but was not allowed to deliberate for the verdict. That kind of blew. I thought the process was fascinating.
I wandered around downtown on the lunch breaks and saw lots of interesting characters in the city-county building. It wasn't exactly glamorous. I never saw anyone who even closely resembled my all time favorite television attorney, ADA Abbie Carmichael. I even considered wearing my one and only pant suit that I purchased in 2000 for job interviews and pretending to be Ms. Carmichael myself. I've got the height, minus the fabulous legs, body and husky voice. Did you know she was a fit model for Michael Kors? If you haven't seen an old Angie Harmon episode of Law and Order, here it is.

1 comment:
I loved jury duty! You could get some great stories sitting in on jury duty..even from the other jurors. I found it so interesting. We deliberated for quite awhile and had to do some convincing of other jurors to come to our side...it was hard to only look at the facts and not consider the personality of the charged.
Post a Comment