I was so excited that I got to attend my first SEC football game on Saturday. We met Natalie and Joey in Knoxville to watch Tennessee play Montana. Our party started at a bar called The Tin Roof.
I have never seen so much orange in my life.
This is right where Trinity tried to get me to have my face painted. No thanks. It was 99 degrees out. I was having shiny skin issues already. No need to add warrior paint.
The excitement was overwhelming. There were so many people there, and the stadium was amazing. Tennessee peeps know how to do football.
Natalie, a native Tennessean, experienced her first UT game with her giant Hoosier pal.
This was the field right before the sky opened up and it poured!!!!
The game was delayed well over an hour and we got seriously soaked, but those crazy UT fans just kept singing Rocky Top repeatedly.
Here we are, a little more dried out. The highlight of the game for me was the half time performance. The UT marching band performed with their Glee Club. Picture like 40 sweet Southern boys, decked out in tuxedos and orange bow ties, singing "Haven't Met You Yet" by Michael Buble. I was in heaven. I am already planning our next game, since the whole experience was much more thrilling than an IU football game. I'm thinking October, where I can trade in my orange linen pants and Cucumber vodka/Sprite mix for an orange sweater, fabulous boots and a hot chocolate/Baileys!







No comments:
Post a Comment