Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 18, 2011

My Parents are Back!

My parents returned on Thursday from their 3 week adventure.  They flew to Rome, where they spent 5 days exploring.  They boarded a cruise ship and traveled to Monte Carlo, Santorini, Mykonos, Athens, Croatia and Venice.  3 weeks of zero communication with my mother was quite challenging.  I finally noticed that my husband is not exaggerating to say that I speak to her 2-3x daily.  
Mother Bear turned 62 last week in Venice.  We felt it was only necessary to celebrate Terre Haute style.  Mom and Dad were still too pooped to show the 800+ photos they took, so we just accepted our travel gifts.
I don't believe I have yet mentioned that they went to Vatican City. Mom claims she didn't repeatedly chant "JPII, we love you, " but I'm not sure that's the truth.  Dad claims that Pope Benedict personally called to thank her for all of the moolah she spent in the gift shop.  We Catholics like ourselves some religious relics.  Mother is no exception.
Trinity and Meghan got saint medals.  There is no Saint Meghan or Saint Virginia (Meg's middle name) so mother improvised and bought her a Blessed Virgin Mother medal, which kind of sounds like Virgina.  Trinity got a John the Baptist medal.  There is no Saint Trinity.  Why?  Because his name is only the whole shootin' match.  He's legit.  Father, Son and Holy Spirit all in one!




Here is a small sample of her wares.

 Sister Katie and I got new rosaries.  I love that their packaging actually has Pope John Paul wearing them.
I stored them last night on my First Communion portrait.  
We were so glad to have Mom and Dad back.

No comments: