Betsy

Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 14, 2012

We have a Bump!


I shan't be told otherwise.
I now rub my stomach all of the time like Winnie the Pooh.  In fact, I could probably eat a jar of honey at any given time of the day.

One of my students told me yesterday that I am getting fatter every day.  I had to explain that the baby was growing and that I would rip his face off if he ever said that again.  
I have been rubber banding my pants together, but by Friday of this week it was time to take some more necessary actions.
I busted into a pair of Jamie's maternity jeans. 

Why, Betsy, that's a lovely self portrait.  
For pity's sake, I think I have found my inspiration to finally go and buy some new bedding, and get started on my gallery wall.  I'm not the most motivated when it comes to home decor.  I can't make a decision, I get overwhelmed, and then I get really mad.
I try to avoid thoughts of home improvement altogether.

We visited T's parents for Easter.
I insisted that we go to Easter Vigil Mass the night before, since we had a seven hour drive on Sunday to get home.
I forgot that Easter Vigil Mass is like 3 hours.  I'm not sure how I could forget, since we went when I was in college and I believe brother Robby got very frustrated and exited discreetly from St. Joseph's in his pimp Mitsubishi Eclipse.  He was maybe a senior in high school.  Yes, he had a brand new Mitsubishi Eclipse.  I was rocking a Corolla.  Dad displayed a little favoritism with the car selection.
Anyway, Mass was beautiful, but very long, and I do mean long.  I kept pinching myself to make sure it wasn't 1968 and we weren't at a Revival baptizing people down in the creek, while we all fanned ourselves with real hand held fans.
I have a vivid imagination.

This was in my Easter basket.
 That is T's carseat blanket from 1975, hence the odd shape.  I thought we rode in bread boxes back then.  Apparently there were actually child restraint seats back then.  
I think it is adorable.
I can't wait to use it.
I also can't wait to go and have my car seat correctly installed at a local fire station.  Did you know they do that?  They do.  A firefighter will put it in correctly and show you how to use it properly.  I do enjoy firefighters.  

I also bought le bebe a sleep sack that is gender neutral.

We are finding out in a few short weeks about the baby's sex.  Marinda, my party planner BFF, is helping with the details.  I'm about as good at party planning as I am at decorating.
It will be a gender reveal party.
Did you know that "gender" really only refers to the traditions, roles, etc. of being male or female?  "Sex" refers to the physiological factors distinguishing between male or female.  Since we aren't going to find out if our baby will work outside the home, be good at fixing things, like the color pink, etc. "gender" isn't really the correct term.  Yet, somehow "Sex Reveal" party invitations seemed a tad inappropriate.  Guests might come expecting to go in my laundry room with a "consultant" to privately order some "accessories" for one's personal life.  Not that I've been to one of those parties before.  I don't want to confuse anyone.  

Lastly, Jane, Robby and I found a dress for Robeghan's nuptials.

Here she is with the lovely lady at the Chanel boutique in Saks.


Chanel is fancy.
We oohed and aaahed and I put my little grubby hands all over some tweed suited goodness.  Mom tried on some lovelies.  Then she bought one.
Psyche!
She got a lovely suit, but it wasn't Chanel, fools.
It is beautiful, but we aren't that high dollar.

In other news, Robeghan got their engagement pictures back.  Once I get permission to exploit them all over my personal website, I promise to post pictures of people other than my torso.
Tootles!



No comments: