I did it!
I have kept Li'l Bunny Fou Fou alive for a whole month.
Kudos to me!
Actually, I had lots of help in the form of her father, my parents and Trinity's parents.
My friends Whitney, Marinda, Megan, Jamie and Nicole have talked me off of the ledge numerous times about the perils of motherhood.
It truly takes a village.
And I'm the Village Idiot.
That being said, I pulled out my sassy camera and channeled my mother, the crazy Mamarazzi.
Jane bought those little decals to put on her shirt for each month.
One would think those would have an adhesive back, no?
No.
So I was juggling a onesied newborn, my camera, a stuffed mouse and some f'in Scotch tape.
I didn't drop her on her noggin.
Score for me.
We went to the pediatrician yesterday to solve a complex problem known as diaper rash.
This is a relatively new affliction that few babies have experienced.
Oh now seriously. I was just embarrassed as a rookie mother.
Betsy: "It must be like the worst diaper rash you've ever seen, though, right?"
Dr. Phillips: "No."
Despite my Herculean attempts to keep my daughter clean, she dirties her pants about every 6.9 minutes due to my pumping abilities and the diarrheal affects of breast milk.
Babies are glamorous.
Plus, she eats constantly.
4oz every 3 hours.
She was weighed at the doctor.
At two weeks, she was back to her birthweight, 7lbs, 6 oz.
Yesterday at four weeks, she weighed 9lbs, 12 oz.
Holy sh**.
That's about what I said.
Again, I impressed the pediatrician.
Betsy: "That can't be right. Your scale is wrong. That's impossible."
Dr: "Well, I haven't taken a class in weights and measurement, but I did go to medical school."
Touche.
I like that guy.
However, I am crazy mother and insisted that the nurse weigh her again on a different scale, then promise not to tell the doctor that I asked her to do it.
They don't think I'm crazy pants at all.
No, they love me.
Abby aka T's mother, sent this hat via Etsy.
She kinda looks like a Fraggle.
Best photo ever.
This will be enlarged to 16x20 and hung over my mantle.
Because I'm just that normal.




No comments:
Post a Comment