Betsy

Total Pageviews

Friday, October 26, 2012

6 Weeks Postpartum update!

Genevieve is 6 weeks old today.
Woot.
She is wearing 3 month clothing now.
She is rather large.


And rather sweet.


The weather has been splendid the last few days, so we are sitting on our screened porch a lot to eat.


Kashmir loves it too.
Disregard creepy face chairs behind the cat.
Trinity loves them.


My mother came to stay the night last night, since my 6 week appointment was at 8:00 a.m. this morning.
Yes, that seemed like a good idea when I scheduled it 6 weeks ago.
Now with my little 10 lb appendage, it isn't such a hot idea to schedule things early in the morning.
You know what else was a good idea, pre baby?
A beautiful aqua velour glider.
It is now swathed in an old sheet.
Formula stains, my friends.

My appointment went well.
I am thrilled to say that I am back to pre- preg weight.
Yippee.
I expected the nurses to be lined up in the hallway so I could run through gauntlet style and they would high five me like my teammates did when I was announced as a starter on my 8th grade basketball team.
That was the only time I really played, by the way.

Alas, upon my exit, no cheering nursing and medical staff lined the hallway.
No one is excited for me.
I say this because it is only a number.
Things have changed.
No joke.
Pregnancy changes your shape, at least 6 weeks after it ends.

As I have mentioned before, I must call upon Archie Bell and the Drells, and start the "Tighten Up."

Tone and tighten commences immediately.

I



No comments: