YaYa came back this weekend.
She's officially moved in, and now Jane, Betsy and Trinity are the 2012 version of Jack, Janet and Chrissy of Three's Company fame.
I jest.
She came on Friday because G had her first vaccination.
I needed moral support.
My baby cried for all of 2 minutes and my mother and I had to embrace and console one another for at least 10.
Pitiful.
At 5 weeks, Genevieve weighs 10 lbs, 5.5 oz.
She has gained one ounce shy of 3 lbs in her 5 weeks of life.
Girl likes her groceries.
A lot.
Trinity and I had a date night and attended a 2 hour restorative yoga workshop at my yoga studio.
He was thrilled.
Here we are, ready to depart.
I thought it was divine.
We did 30 minutes of slow flow, then an hour and a half of resting positions, some that we held for about 20 minutes.
When we moved to a different pose, I whispered to my sweet husband, asking him what he thought.
His response was, "I gotta pee."
So I'm married to Forrest Gump.
Ridiculous.
I think its safe to say that I will yogi on, solo.
He was a sport, and then we dined at Yats.
He loves that joint.
Babysitter YaYa sent this photo while we were gone-
our absence clearly perplexed our daughter.
What perplexes her mother is that her hair is falling out and she now looks like one Andrew Squiggmann, aka Squiggy of Laverne and Shirley fame.
You know Squiggy.
She be balding on the sides of her forehead.
I shan't fret, though.
Cousin Caroline had the worst baby hair in history and now is probably in the running for the best head of hair in kindergarten, if there was such a shallow competition.
On Saturday, Bob came and brought the diabetic hound.
It was a raucous evening in our house, for sure.
2 parents, 2 grandparents, an infant, a kitty and a fool dog.
On Sunday, we wrapped up our weekend with a requisite trip to the pumpkin patch, or in our case, mum/pumpkin selling locale.
I wasn't going to pay an entrance fee for corn mazes and apple fritters when my child can't even hold her head up.
No, we hit up a local garden center and Jane got to snappin'.
So, as normal adults shopped for seasonal flowers, we held a family photo shoot.
G was dressed as a kitty cat and wore her pumpkin hat, courtesy of Abby.
Check out those pants.
3 months clothing for my 5 week old.
Again, girl likey the groceries.
This is a favorite of mine-
I feel like it looks like that section in US Weekly, where it has celebrities doing normal things, called "Stars, they're just like US."
Oh, I'm just a famous celebrity, leaving the garden center with my balding baby.
But don't think I'm any different than anyone else.
Oh, wait. I'm not different from anyone else.
I'm not a celebrity.
My mother just follows me around with pricy photography gear.
Oh, a girl can dream-








No comments:
Post a Comment