So we had a pretty crazy weekend.
We started on Friday night with our first real night out, aside from Robby and Meghan's wedding.
Whitney came over to care for Miss G, and I wore some regular jeans that did not have a stretchy panel in the front.
I'm not sorry to see the maternity gear go, and since I've rarely left the house in the last month, I haven't really worn a lot of real clothes yet.
It was truly cause for celebration.
I washed my hair and wore regular lady clothes.
T was thrilled.
He fed G before we departed...
and boy did we rock Massachusetts Avenue.
From 6:30-9:15p.m.
We started with cocktails and a cheese platter at our beloved Ball and Biscuit bar, where T lasted approximately 11.9 minutes before showing our 22 year old waitress a photo of our baby on his Blackberry.
I was actually a tad embarrassed.
We are officially those people.
"Look at our baby!"
"Isn't she cute?"
"We haven't been anywhere but Target and the pediatrician in a month!"
"My wife can only have one drink because she is still pumping."
We totally cooled up that joint, for sure, and I'm sure they were sad when we left.
They were like, "yeah, bring back that couple with the guy in his cuffed Seven jeans and outdated Blackberry with infant pictures and the chick who is clearly very proud of herself for fitting back into her pre-baby clothes. Par-tay!"
We then hit up Old Point for some dinner.
Peace out, Mass Ave swaying digital lady.
We gots to go.
It's 9:00.
On Saturday T's parents and auntie showed up for the baptismal weekend.
We got the cocktails flowing in the kitchen.
Tequila for the hombres and cosmos for the ladies.
G stuck with her usual boob milk, courtesy of one seriously hip mixologist, moi.
On Sunday we celebrated Genevieve's first sacrament, baptism.
Here she gets that oily stuff on her forehead, in the sign of the cross.
Sister Katie and Brother Rob (my actual siblings, not members of the clergy) served as the godparents.
Who wouldn't want these two spiritual shepherds to guide their child in the faith?
Oh, now there I go again with a dose of snark.
They truly are the most caring and generous people I know.
Robby always was, Katie not so much.
20 years ago she may have attempted to murder me a time or two, but we have come full circle and now are thick as thieves.
She is a fabulous mother, wife, sister, daughter and all other roles in the family.
They will make great godparents.
Genevieve wore a special medal of the Virgin de Cuba, a gift from Trinity's grandmother to him when he was a baby.
Abby was proud.
She ordered a lovely bib for G that said
God Bless Genevieve
in pink embroidery.
She had it rush delivered to the house in time for Sunday.
She called us on Friday inquiring about its arrival.
Trinity confirmed that we had it.
Her query, "But does it say, God Bless Genevieve?"
He replied, "no it says, Satan be Damned."
Oh, that husband of mine.
My Uncle Kent and Aunt Cindi enjoyed the baptism.
One side of the familia.
Our dear family friends and photographers, Kurtis and Jennifer, came to the church to take photos for Jane's 2012 Christmas card. Don't mess with Jane and her Christmas card picture.
We were supposed to get it at the wedding 2 weeks ago, but T and I totally snagged all of the plans by not getting our infant to the reception site in time.
That was not well received by mother.
Alas, alternate plans were made, and K&J came to the rescue.
Everyone look at my baby!
My Uncle Kent snapped this one, which I think truly captures the spirit of my family-
a bunch of derelicts.
On Monday the celebration continued and Robby was sworn in as a member of the Indiana Bar Association.
We celebrated with lunch at the Columbia Club, where Genevieve dined in the Crystal Terrace ballroom, where her parents had their wedding reception two years ago.
Robby said we should have named her Crystal in honor of that room where we had the party of our lives.
Yes, Crystal.
Definitely one of my favorite names.
I apologize if your name is Crystal.
Attorneys at the swearing in-
Uncle Kent, Dad, Robby, and Pat, Rob's pal and groomsman with the fabulous hair.
Seriously, commercial-worthy.
I find Pat to be precious and tell him nearly every time I see him.
I'm sure he thinks of me as Robby's creepy sister.
Congratulations to all of my family this weekend.
One member a newly minted attorney and one a baptized baby of the Lord.
Yippee!
















No comments:
Post a Comment