My, what a difference 3 weeks makes!
To think, Genevieve was born looking a lot like Aunt Jemima.
That's what mother called her in that ridiculous hospital hat.
Now we look a little bit more like a little person.
A precious person who has my blue eyes and her father's everything else.
Genevieve now has a slew of monikers, including, but not limited to:
Bunny, Lady G, Vivi, Vivi Kate, Muffin, Buggy, Sweet Thang.
Basically I call her whatever enters my mind, and it is usually something I'd like to eat at that current time, such as Cupcake or Biscuit. It's usually carb related. I've yet to call her Carrot.
We are doing well at this juncture.
She sleeps well, usually in 4-5 hour stretches, so I can't complain.
I'm working on my friend Jamie's sleep tactics, since her kids request to go to bed.
Right up my alley.
So our schedule is like this-
G goes down with her momma around 9:30/10:00.
Don't worry, no co sleeping, she has a bassinet by my bed.
Up for a bottle around 1 or so, diaper blow out, then I pump like the Bessie udder cow that I am.
I burp her, which rarely works, then change another diaper, as that child's bowels know no bounds.
Kiss, lay down, no talking or eye contact. I behave like a social moron during the nighttime hours. I kinda act like I don't know her. Like I just found her in a basket on my doorstep. I've read that this type of behavior helps babies know that nighttime is for sleeping only, not playtime. Don't worry, I interact with her plenty during the daylight hours. Don't call CPS.
Baby asleep.
Around 4 a.m. rinse, repeat cycle.
8-9 a.m. and we do it again! Only this time I open blinds and let her know that it's daytime by chirping and singing like I'm Snow White.
I'm enjoying motherhood. Lots of bonding. I feel good and my recovery is going splendidly. I'm hurting to do some exercise and languish in a bathtub. Both are post c-section no-nos. I plan to listen to my doctor and do as I'm told.
3 weeks until my 6 week postpartum check when I will hopefully get a free pass to resume all of my normal activities.
And we'll stick with one baby for now, thanks.



No comments:
Post a Comment