We had a most exciting weekend. On Saturday morning Courtney and I had a typical long discussion, and as always, it included talk of cats.
We seem to always discuss cats.
We love them.
Years ago we vowed to live together and raise cats together if we never found true love.
A part of me is sad that this dream won't come to fruition.
We would have been unstoppable.
In that sentence unstoppable is a synonym for shameful.
After we got off the phone I passed this photo on a traffic light post downtown.
Well clearly we must all hail Phillip.
Hilariously strange, and great fodder for a picture text to Court.
Speaking of Court, we had a lovely visit last week.
She gave Genevieve a bottle and proceeded to start to pick at her baby face. I had to reprimand her and explain that G had dead baby skin around her nose.
Court discovered that she in fact had dead formula around her nose.
Gross.
When my daughter started to kick up a fuss, Court leaned in and whispered, "Uh, this is an A-B conversation. I suggest you C your way out of it."
I would have wet myself, but fortunately I have pretty good bladder control thanks to the ole c-section.
She makes me laugh big time.
On Saturday we watched Tennessee come dangerously close to actually winning against South Carolina.
I still can't believe their mascot is the Gamecock.
It just makes me think of a shuttlecock, one of my favorite sporting terms.
Who doesn't love badminton?
We dolled up our child and went to Marinda's Halloween party.
Marinda was Velma of Scooby Doo fame.
Genevieve wore a tutu and an owl hat.
I have no explanation for that.
Target was all out of 0-3 month costumes, and I have the creativity of a gnat.
Not in creative writing, of course, but in creative everything else.
Tonight I asked Trinity if he minded if I went to a Sunday evening yoga class.
He did.
He said he had not had any alone time all weekend. He said he wanted to go and do something by himself.
I was totally fine with that.
I said, "Okay, yes you go do something by yourself without us. What do you want to do? Where do you want to go?"
He responded, "I have no idea. I just want to get out. Maybe the Target parking lot."
Well that makes a gal feel great, now doesn't it?
How reassuring!
Lastly, we are looking forward to enjoying our first Halloween in our new house. We're told that our neighborhood is a real hotspot for little buggers in costume.
That could help us avoid the Trinity candy-buying debacle of 2011.
You remember.
He bought about $35 worth of candy and we had 3 children.

No comments:
Post a Comment