Betsy

Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 8, 2013

1st Week of Summer 2013

I'll start with a random snapshot of my child actually smiling and showing her ridiculously happy baby self.  She is like this all of the time, until I get the camera.  

Then this happens.

YaYa and Uncle Robby joined us for lunch and summer sunning on Thursday.

We snagged a lemon shake up from Locally Grown Gardens and chilled on the Monon.


My, aren't you dapper, Uncle Robby!


We watched people being active while we lounged and slurped sugary citrus heaven.

Mother brought the aged hound.
As I have mentioned before, I imagine she smells like the peasants during the French Revolution, but my girl can't get enough of her.
She loves London so much that she shrieks, screams and claps her hands whenever she sees her.


Mom brought out the sombrero for a photo shoot.


Things got funny.


Further evidence of no smiling.
She prefers the pensive


and drooling look.

I was thrilled to see this hat.
My parents brought it to Caroline from Mexico when she was only 4 months old.


These have always been some of my favorites of Caroline.

Look at how my brother in law looks like a child here.
Speaking of Chipper, he texted me and turned my attention to a new internet phenomenon known as "cat bearding."
People hold up their cats as if to create a beard on their own faces.

I was up to the challenge.
Exhibit A:


Miserable fail.
Kashmir refused to look up at the Whisker Lickin' that Trinity was dangling over my head.  I promise I consumed no illegal drugs prior to this picture, as much as my eyes look to the contrary.

Exhibit B:


This was much better.
Still not perfect.
Perfecting the cat beard will be on my summer list of crap to do since I'm not working.
Look up cat bearding.
It's worth a Google.

We wrapped up our Saturday by touring mid century modern homes in Bloomington.
This house was my favorite.


I discovered that babies are a rarity at such an event, but gay men of the Baby Boomer generation are not.
Genevieve was a hit with the crowd.
There was a lot of cheek and fat wrist squeezing.
My favorite quotes of the day:
"look at the little mid century modern baby!"
"We have a little architecture connoisseur in our midst."
One man actually held up the line by grabbing her foot.
"Those shoes!  That hair bow!  It's clear that she has already learned to accessorize!" 


Why yes, indeed.
Looking at the pictures, I can't believe no one asked why her mother was showing her cleavage in broad daylight.
Oops.
All of the men were too enthralled with my baby and the houses.
It was so fun!

No comments: