Robby and I took Genevieve to The Riviera Club for her first swimming experience. It has the largest pool in Indianapolis, and the whole place really looks straight out of the 50s or 60s. They had those high life guard chairs and tons of diving boards. Robby and I were laughing about when Squints pretends to be drowning so he can get mouth to mouth from Wendy Peppercorn. The Sandlot is one of our favorites. We stuck mostly to the baby pool.
We started out eating some sunscreen.
We moved to the water and I was thrilled that Genevieve loved the pool.
My arms were like jello from bouncing her constantly. 4 inches of water does not a buoyant baby make.
Note the bow under the sunhat. We love bows.
Uncle Robby was there, just was too busy documenting the momentous occasion and therefore is not pictured.
I'm a tad concerned about my hunchback, but not concerned enough to hide it from the interweb.
We took a break to eat hot dogs.
That blue bikinied rear end is mine.
I wish.
Those days are over, people!
On my birthday yesterday my mother called to confirm whether I was 34 or 35.
Ah, I can't wait to not know how old my own child is.
Marinda, Camille and Walker went with us to the Strawberry Festival downtown.
Camille was a sport, as G is prone to a little hair pulling.
Here is the evil baby, plotting.
Gotcha, you naive little 7 year old girl!
Ha ha ha!!!!
Foiled, baby!
Camille's no fool.
I love all of the faces here.
We had our first babysitter last night, so we could go to dinner and a movie in honor of my 34th year of life.
I wish I had snapped a picture of Ashleigh and Genevieve. They were like bread and butter. Peanut butter and jelly, if you will. Peas and carrots. You get the idea.
It went well.
We went to see The Internship. Imagine my delight when I entered the theatre to discover it was completely empty!
Woot! What did my asinine self do?
I'm not sure what this move is.
The shot put. Let's go with that.
Tree pose.
Stayin' Alive.
I'm 34!










No comments:
Post a Comment