Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Fall Football

I took my sweet husband to his first Indiana University football game. He was jazzed. He didn't have a sweatshirt, but fortunately he did have a hat. The whole sweatshirt thing didn't matter anyway because it was very COLD when we arrived.
Now it must be noted that IU football games are not normally a big deal. We aren't known for our football skills. We used to be known for basketball, but that passed my senior year when Bob Knight left. Now I think we're known for our education school. I totally contributed to that-
The point is, I wasn't prepared for the crowd that gathered in my beloved Bloomington. Michigan was everywhere. They brought their fans, and their football team. The team proved to be a bit problematic in IU procuring a victory. We did not. Here we are in the church parking lot where T made an illegal left turn, weaving through cones so that I wouldn't have mental breakdown after waiting 2 hours in game traffic. I am grinning ear to ear, because I quickly located a port-o-let and a Woodchuck cider in my trunk.
SCORE!
After lots of angst and walking past college girls in black leggings and UGG boots, I found my BFF Nicole. 10 years ago we might have been legging offenders. Now we wear Seven jeans, fancy ourselves stylish, and lug toddlers to tailgates. Actually Nicole only does that last part. I'm not there yet. I was so overjoyed that I shut my eyes. I actually do that a lot.
Meet Madelyn. She's about to have her 2nd birthday at the end of this month. I think she is Nic's clone. Sadly for me, she didn't appear to love me as much as Nic does. Here she is skulking away from the giantess in the green jacket, who was gesturing a lot, cackling and squeezing her mother a little too much for her liking. She is stinking precious, and I don't get to see her very often. She's like looking at Nic, but with Randy's lips.
It seems as though the alumni have been giving some big bucks to IU. I wonder if my contribution of about $30 5 years ago made this happen?
Yeah!!!!
This guy was dressed as Wolverine, from X-Men. He was actually kinda hot. I took this shot right after I bragged to the 3 undergrad IU boys behind me that I'm a pro at taking shots of people for my blog, www.betsywantssomenutsandcider.blogspot.com, without anyone knowing.
Then this happened. Wolverine was hip to my game. I was a bit embarrassed, both in front of him and the three 19 year olds. I had to build my street cred back up quickly. "I once got drunk and swam in Showalter Fountain, then ran down the path to my home at Delta Gamma." I didn't say that actually, because it's not true. Those were my friends Jenn and Alison. They were ballsier than me. I decided one boast was enough-
Proof of my stair running days. Actually this is just a picture of the stairs, but I do swear that I once ran these for exercise with Court. This still happens according to the boy behind me. Oh, I guess I bragged about that.
We finished our day at Gray Brothers' Cafeteria. I was there. Look at the sign. And the fireplace.

No comments: