Betsy

Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Fall Stuff


I'm on Fall Break. I haven't done a lot of exciting stuff. I've been reading, shopping, yogacizing, and catching up on some episodes of House on my DVR. Speaking of shopping, I bought this:
That's a ceramic pumpkin. It can be used as a centerpiece, soup tureen, or candy dish. I like it. I put it in the middle of my dining room table for a little holiday spirit. T thought this little knick knack was strange, and something I would not usually blow $34 on. Alas, he is correct. "Decor items" are now on the list when one possesses about $2000 in gift cards from Crate and Barrel. I'm gonna light this place up for the Yuletide season, fools!

In the holiday spirit of Halloween, my mother in law sent us a Halloween card. She enjoys the season tremendously. Enclosed in our greeting card were two polaroids. I don't have one lick of scanning talent, so I was forced to photograph these photographs. Ignore the flash, it's not a spooky apparition. It's my camera flash, although I thought I turned it off? oooooooooo, scary!

T and his mother when he was Snoopy one year. I guessed him to be about 2 1/2 or 3 years old in this one. Notice how she's holding up his puppy ear as though whispering a secret to Snoopy. That Pat is one funny lady.
This was my favorite. I would guess he's about 4 here, but I will have to confirm that with his parents. He claims to be 5 or 6, and I quickly told him he was an idiot. I knows my kindergartners and first graders, mister! I might eat my words, because he has always been on the small side. When his gene pool unites with my Brunhilda genetics we might produce an average size person. Fingers crossed!
He is Rocky Balboa here, notice the black eye. How precious is he?
Thanks, Pat! We love the pictures!

Now I mentioned I've been watching some TV. I have also been eating a lot of these.
Heaven. I went to Target on Thursday and refrained from buying a bag of "snack size" mini dark chocolate peanut butter cups. Instead, I bought 3 normal size packets of two cups. That means I ate one on Thursday, one on Friday, and oh yes, I have one left for today. I am assuring myself that I have saved myself countless calories by going full size, but fewer. I fear I would have popped those mini buggers in my mouth like they were Hot Tamales or something. Hhmmmm...Hot Tamales.
I recommend both candies. I should receive compensation for my amazing reviews, I swear.

Lastly, I attempted to watch this cult classic while inhaling my two PB cups yesterday.
I had never seen it. Now I know why. Terrifying. Everyone in corsets. I mean everyone. Meatloaf gets chopped to bits. A man in gold lame shorts runs around looking like one of Hitler's Youth. By far the worst part, and I do mean worst part was the scene where a whole gaggle of freaky deaky peeps goes swimming wearing corsets (again) and thigh high fishnet stockings. Now we all know I hate pantyhose. The only thing worse than wearing pantyhose is wearing pantyhose and getting wet. I nearly threw up my PB cups. I had to look away, look away, look away, Dixieland.
Awful.

No comments: