Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Anniversary Getaway

We went to Nashville on Saturday for our anniversary. We actually celebrated a week early, so we still officially have one week left of newlyweddedness. Aunt Shirley gave us a gift certificate to The Opryland Hotel, so we used it on Saturday night.

Our festivities began with a stop at Las Paletas, the gourmet popsicle shop in town.
Trinity posed so that I could get his new watch (an early anniversary/35th birthday present) in the picture.
I wanted a photo under the sign.
As I got myself together he shot this action move. It is so unflattering yet I think it makes me look like I was doing a popsicle shuffle/jig number. It appears that way because that's exactly what I was doing.
Our evening started with a drink at The Patterson House. It looks shady from the outside, but it has the best drinks in town. They don't allow photos inside but it looks like an old speakeasy. I had some delicious vodka cobbler drink with muddled raspberries. It was divine.
T by the fancy painting in our room pre dinner.
I realized my dress pattern was very similar to hotel room art.
Dinner at Solario in the hotel. Trinity actually ate some guacamole, which was huge. He avoids all foods that are green.
We concluded the evening with champagne cocktails.

Sunday morning was a visit to The Hermitage, home of Andrew Jackson.
We love a good audio tour! We go at our own pace and aren't forced to smile awkwardly at someone repeatedly.

We stumbled upon this restaurant in Old Germantown in Nashville.
It was a traditional meat 'n three. That was a new phrase for me until I met Sweet T from Tennessee. That's southern speak for a meat entree and three side items. Basically it is like eating Thanksgiving dinner regularly.
Large overwhelming amounts of fattening food does not interest me.

It was also family style, which meant that the hostess sat us with a bunch of random people we didn't know. This place wasn't exactly my scene.
T's take was the complete opposite!


This was my scene!
A lemonade cupcake wrapped up our celebration.

No comments: