We were actually home in Indy this weekend, which has been rare this summer. We had a little staycation in our lovely city. We went to The Ball and Biscuit on Friday evening, and I wanted to incorporate Special K into my outfit photo shoot.
I coaxed her with kitty treats.
I have duly noted the abundance of cable cords. I need to cover that mess in some way.

Precious kitty face and closed Betsy eyes.

Betsy in focus, kitty looking astray. We just can't seem to get our acts together.

T had his usual Sazerac, plus an Old Fashioned. I had two Rooftop cocktails. We chased that business with lots of cheese and crackers. They have fancy cheeses. No Ritz and Squeezy Cheese at this establishment.
On Saturday evening we met some friends at Mallow Run Winery to hear the Carmel Symphony play. We didn't hear much of the music, mostly just our own jabbering.
Jake, Brad, Kelly and Annie
It was so hot I thought I might pass out.
The wineritas I drank helped me stay alert.
That's really what they were called.

Greg and Linds came too! They got a babysitter for their son Alex.

Guess who brought the ankle biters along?
Jake!
Oh, I kid. His kids are very well behaved, cute and musically talented.
They're twins.
So angelic.
See the rays of sunlight illuminating that towheaded clan?
We supported our Indianapolis Indians on Sunday afternoon.
Hot and 90 degrees in the Circle City.
Meg indulged in some soft serve to beat the heat.

Trinity got an Indians hat on special for $12.
What a deal.
The other deal was the pink bat ballpoint pen that I desperately wanted for $3.
Trinity refused to purchase it for me.
I finally returned to use my own money.
I'm such a feminist, you know.
I used a great pun when I returned to the girl who had heard me whine to my husband about it.
"I just drove my husband batty, but then decided I could swing buying this for myself."
Brilliant.
She actually laughed.
I love puns.
The pen not only writes...


its also perfect for a sassy puss of a player.
She was not amused.
I was.
"Kashmir, there's no crying in baseball!"

No comments:
Post a Comment