My heart is weary. I heard just last month that my beloved Nordstrom in downtown Indy is closing. We have another Nordstrom on the north side of town, but it is much smaller and doesn't compare to the original, in my opinion. The downtown beauty closes on July 31st. In preparation of it's closing, we've been spending a lot of time together.
We have a long history together. I believe it opened in 1996, just in time for me to buy my prom dress to attend my boyfriend's junior prom.

We don't speak, so I felt it would be inappropriate to post his face here. I grabbed the nearest piece of paper off my desk to cover half of the picture. That just happened to be a picture of Jesus, Mary and Joseph. I'm a martyr, you see.
That dress was fabulous.

My senior year I bought another dress at that fabulous store. That's my date, Mike. I don't think he would care if he was featured on this highly trafficked blog.
Again, that dress was fabulous.
I would like to point out that I attended prom in 1996 and 1997. Girls were wearing sequined two piece dresses with bare midriffs displaying their belly button rings, halter taffeta or full ball skirts made of tulle.It was not a good time.
That iconic store combined with my keen fashion sense helped me avoid such nonsense.
We also drove straight to Nordstrom to find mother's fabulous St. John knit suits for our weddings. I mean my sister's wedding and mine. I've only had one wedding, geesh.

This might be my all time favorite photo of my mother. This was taken at our dear friend Melissa's wedding in Durham, North Carolina. That was one glamorous event, and Jane looked the part in her gilded frock.

She wore this gorgeous tangerine number for my wedding last summer.
Nordstrom also served as a bit of therapy for me as well. When I would have a particularly bad day at school, I would get one of their lattes and shuffle around the store aimlessly, looking at pretty things. I immediately felt better. I do have friends, I swear.
My bestest just happens to be Nordstrom.
I can always go north, but it won't be the same!
Guess who feels sorry for me and is taking me to the mother ship aka original Nordstrom in Seattle?
Sweet T!!!!
Yippeee!!!!!
Okay, he really has to go to Seattle for work, but we'll pretend this is the reason!

No comments:
Post a Comment