Caroline came to stay with us this week. This was her first time staying with us. The first day and night she came with YaYa, and we went to the Children's Museum and then to Big Caroline's house to swim. Big Caroline was my other flower girl, you may recall. No pictures there, but a special nod to Big Caroline's father, John. He talked Jane/YaYa off the ledge when her new Caddy had a tire issue. You would have thought that we were going to have to run ourselves through a gauntlet of crazed people brandishing billy clubs. That was Jane's level of fear about her car losing air in its tire.
John fixed it temporarily until the service department heard Jane's concern.
All was solved and Jane headed home on Tuesday morning.
Once YaYa left, Caroline decided we should start our day yoga-ing.
Her dress wasn't exactly yoga appropriate, but neither are some of the clothes that I have seen people wear to yoga. I recognize that it is hot yoga, but you need not wear shorts that display your vulva. Perhaps vulva-short wearin' girl reads this blog.

Caroline and I hung out at school for a little bit, testing out the equipment and gathering some Reading Recovery books for an afternoon reading lesson.
We enjoyed a complimentary trip to the zoo courtesy of Marinda and Camille. They have a pass that allows them to bring poor or rather stingy friends. Aunt Bee is kind of a tight wad when it comes to others. I had already spent $40 going to the Children's Museum the day before. That's like a bottle of MoroccanOil. I'm working on my generosity skills.

The sprinkle park was a hit. I let her get soaked to the bone. She's not my kid, you know!
Caroline and Camille were two Cs in heaven.
Robeghan came down and we went to a Mexican joint for dinner. Caroline ate all of her cheese quesadilla. We played Akinator on my iPhone. If you haven't tried this app/game, get it. It is highly entertaining.
Now the part that wasn't heavenly or entertaining?
Sleeping with that 4 year old who moonlights as a She Beast once the sun goes down.
I kept thinking she grew more limbs in the night. No matter how I tried to rearrange my nearly 6 feet long frame, I had a toddler arm, leg or foot in my ribs, butt, neck, etc. She also repeated kicked the blinds against the window, making a lovely noise that awakened me any moment I drifted off for a second. At one point I found her head at the foot of the bed, thus explaining how I had just been kicked in the face. This is no exaggeration.
She reminded me of a far more thrashing/violent version of a creature that violates sleeping space as well.
The Courtney
Court is sort of like an amoeba while sharing a bed.
If I move, she quickly and quietly shifts her body to form around mine. She fill in any gaps in contact immediately. She usually does this while twitching her nose and making precious bunny/kitty like noises. She really is the most affectionate little sleeper ever. I always look at her lovingly while quickly shoving her away.
The next time Caroline and Court are in close proximity to one another, I am giving them a twin bed to share and then watching the kick/snuggle battle royale that commences.

No comments:
Post a Comment