What a witty title that is!
I've been regularly wasting some of my life on Pinterest, and tonight I was looking at chairs, pink ones to be exact.
I found this little beauty-

and this glorious piece of perfection.
As I was looking at these chairs, my memories of my beloved papasan chair came flooding back. My parents bought me a papasan chair when I was in junior high school from our local Pier 1. It was pretty pimp. Mine had a white wicker base and a pink and white striped cushion. It looked similar to the one pictured below, because, well, a papasan chair is a papasan chair. I spent loads of time in that chair, reading lewd Danielle Steele books and eating Hostess Ding Dongs. My mother didn't censor my reading material, nor did she worry too much about healthy snacking.
That chair was so comfy. I'm considering starting a movement to bring back this tacky, yet cozy form of seating.
I've been regularly wasting some of my life on Pinterest, and tonight I was looking at chairs, pink ones to be exact.
I found this little beauty-

and this glorious piece of perfection.
Source: etsy.com via Brenda on Pinterest
As I was looking at these chairs, my memories of my beloved papasan chair came flooding back. My parents bought me a papasan chair when I was in junior high school from our local Pier 1. It was pretty pimp. Mine had a white wicker base and a pink and white striped cushion. It looked similar to the one pictured below, because, well, a papasan chair is a papasan chair. I spent loads of time in that chair, reading lewd Danielle Steele books and eating Hostess Ding Dongs. My mother didn't censor my reading material, nor did she worry too much about healthy snacking.
That chair was so comfy. I'm considering starting a movement to bring back this tacky, yet cozy form of seating.
My other sentimental chair experience involved a video rocker. This was the only one that Pinterest had, so clearly they weren't super popular. We had two of them, and they were a lovely taupe fabric that sat in front of my brother's TV in his room. We rocked ourselves into a coma playing game after game of Tetris. That chair perfectly fit my curvy and bony spine and I loved it. Robby sat in one and I had the other. Katie had little to no interest. She was like 13 at the time and probably already going on car dates.
Somehow one of the video rockers made it to IU and was a total hit in my room at the Delta Gamma house. It was perfect for reading and studying.
That lone video rocker even traveled to NC to my first apartment. She met a terrible demise one August day. My live in boyfriend and I left Kashmir alone for the day to drive all the way to VA to pick up his new kitten, and Kashmir's new pal. Somehow the AC switched off and the heat kicked on. We arrived home 12 hours later to find out apartment raging with heat and the temperature was about 92 degrees. Kashmir was sprawled out, panting and quite dramatically perturbed.
We got her water and got the situation under control. One of us sat down to relax in the beloved video rocker. It was seriously saturated with cat pee. In her distress she peed all over it. Cat pee odor is beyond impossible to remove. The rocker was placed in our dumpster behind our complex. It was a sad, sad day.
I'm looking forward to buying some new chairs when we purchase our new house. I may be scouring Ebay and Craig's List for these beloved seats.
Somehow one of the video rockers made it to IU and was a total hit in my room at the Delta Gamma house. It was perfect for reading and studying.
That lone video rocker even traveled to NC to my first apartment. She met a terrible demise one August day. My live in boyfriend and I left Kashmir alone for the day to drive all the way to VA to pick up his new kitten, and Kashmir's new pal. Somehow the AC switched off and the heat kicked on. We arrived home 12 hours later to find out apartment raging with heat and the temperature was about 92 degrees. Kashmir was sprawled out, panting and quite dramatically perturbed.
We got her water and got the situation under control. One of us sat down to relax in the beloved video rocker. It was seriously saturated with cat pee. In her distress she peed all over it. Cat pee odor is beyond impossible to remove. The rocker was placed in our dumpster behind our complex. It was a sad, sad day.
I'm looking forward to buying some new chairs when we purchase our new house. I may be scouring Ebay and Craig's List for these beloved seats.




No comments:
Post a Comment