This weekend my mother came to visit. She arrived Friday afternoon and came to my school. She repeatedly heard children saying things like "You're so tall, you're taller than your daughter, wow, etc, etc." If we weren't such secure women we might be made crazy by the constant remarks children make about our statures.
They loved her and she worked with some 2nd graders who don't count money so well. Just a typical afternoon in elementary land.
We then drove to Bonefish Grill and met my pals Karen, Marinda and Whitney. I had my first Winter White Cosmo of the season and it was divine! Mother said the best quote of the weekend when she informed my dear friend Whitney, also my principal, that she lived in B.F.E. She does live rather far South.
This was really a very unJane like comment. She is normally quite refined. Karen was unfamiliar with this phrase. " Bum-F***Egypt, meaning way out of the way," my very stately mother clarified.
Karen later declared that my mother was hilarious and I clearly got my sense of humor from her.
On Saturday Mom took photos of Marinda and her ridiculously good looking family. I'll show pictures later. They're all kinda annoyingly pretty. I still love them though.
She also took some photos for potential Christmas cards. This is definitely not going on the card, but really made me laugh. We seem to have tons of photos of T looking at the camera and me gazing all starry eyed at his face.
This swooning is just plain embarrassing.
We met Robeghan at Oh, Yumm! Bistro, one of my favorites. We also hit up a fabulous interior decorating studio/shop. This little resident greeted all customers. This is Poppy.
That pooch is lounging amongst $200 pillows. What a life.
T and I met with our realtor to look at some more houses on Sunday. We have started the hunt and finding it a bit more challenging than I anticipated. We don't always agree. Shocking, no?
We also hit up the apple orchard/pumpkin patch minus a toddler or small baby in a stroller too small to care. I tried to get him to go pose on a hay bale, but he wasn't interested.
Here is my sweet man shanking an apple for me on his tailgate. Due to overly aggressive orthodontia, I have short roots.
Translation: Don't bite into an apple or I might end up looking like my name is Jethro post bite.
That's all I've got for now. Coming up: birthday dinner with BFF Jamie (need to plan that), a trip to the Opera and a high school Cotillion. Things are going to get crazy.




No comments:
Post a Comment