Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Kate!


This was such a fun weekend.  Sweet T and I hung out on Friday evening and I went to bed at 9:30.  I love nights like that.  I'm not being sarcastic, as I do love to go to bed super early, even on the weekends.  I went to my first free yoga class at our Lululemon store. The instructor was my adorable Erin from my usual studio.  I love her classes and I always slightly giggle when she encourages us to find our "driste" or our focused gaze.  
My driste set its sights on some fabulous yoga wear.  I want the Live Simply jacket.  I would simply live in that jacket.  After my class I hopped in the car and drove north to Chicago.  I hadn't seen Kate in eons, so we enjoyed a little sleepover. 

I left Trinity at home, but he seemed to still show up in my thoughts.


Here is my little pint sized pal from the land of Lilliput.  


Her posture is quite inspiring.

We hit up one of my favorite spots, Toast, for lunch.  We also did lots of fun window shopping.  Kate fussed with my hair before dinner and showed me this.

I told her that I looked like Prom '96 or one of the Sisterwives.  She was unfamiliar with the Sisterwives.  I told her all about it.  She then told me all about The Walking Dead.  
I took down that coif and she tried again.  
We went to the Light Festival down on Michigan Avenue.  There was a parade and more people than I've ever seen in my life.  It was crazy crowded and I nearly had a panic attack.  
Kate calmed me with a Paloma at Bandera.


Then it was dinner at The Hubbard Inn.  We had swanky cocktails and scallops.  
We had tasty cocktails called "The Hepburn."  We're classy like that.  
My visit was a perfect start to the holidays!


No comments: