On Monday morning, Mother and I packed it up and drove south to that lovely Tennessee town of Paris.
We started our visit with an early morning stroll/bike ride with Cousin Caroline. I forgot how unbearably hot it can be down there. I was a sweaty mess from pushing G in her stroller.
We cooled off by swimming in the pool.
We swam a lot, and only during that first dip did G wear a bathing suit. I hate 2 piece bathing suits on babies, as I think it makes them look like little baby skanks.
I learned though that 2 piecers are convenient.
Diapers are not and wet one pieces are hard to wrangle off a writhing baby.
So our classy gal swam in a swim diaper.
I may change my stance on 2 piece bathing suits soon.
Aunt Shirley started our parade of visitors by stopping for an evening visit. Genevieve took a nap and awoke all during her visit. Perfect timing!
The Perry crew came next. Shelli and Craig are responsible for my marriage. They were our matchmakers.
Lee Perry was quiet during the visit.
I think he was overwhelmed by the bossy mouth breather that crawled all over him, all while wearing two bows in her hair.
The expression on G's face in this photo is so me, I can't even get over it.
Callie brought her mad Pinterest braiding skills to the event. She can do any braid imaginable.
Naturally, I suggested we have a braiding party, where she was the only worker.
She agreed and the fun commenced.
YaYa got a partial braid.
Sister Katie got a fish hook/something or other.
I think she gave her mother a traditional French braid, but I can't be sure.
Then Caroline...
I got the Katniss braid.
Callie was even able to braid her own hair before departing.
That's 6 braids total, people.
It was fabulous.
Craig and Lee declined a braid.
We spent the morning in Murray shopping on Wednesday.
Caroline agreed to wear one of G's bows.
We went back to Paris and visited Joey, one of Trinity's oldest pals.
Instead of shaking hands or hugging, Genevieve greets people by removing their glasses or sunglasses.
As Stephanie Tanner would say, "how rude!"
We had a ladies' lunch at Paulettes.
Caroline spilled her water and G banged a lot on the table, so no one really thought we were ladies at that point.
We then headed to G's 1st haircut, at the lovely Illusions salon.
Look.
So happy.
The consultation with Chaunda was flawless.
It was proving to be a pivotal moment in G's lifelong beauty regimen.
Look!
Moroccan Oil!
This is going to be great!
Still keeping her act together...
watch the spinning wheel...
Oh, hell!
This lady be touching my head.
Get her off, get her off.
It was a scene.
I really had not been embarrassed by my child until that moment.
There was back arching, screaming, and swatting madly at Chaunda.
It was bad.
Fortunately, the other people in the salon were good sports, and Chaunda thought it was a hoot.
It was kinda funny
if your thing is taunting babies, which I guess I can be down with.
That magical hair princess managed to give her a cut despite the distractions.
Finally, G composed herself as though nothing had ever happened.
It was an eventful trip to Paris-

























No comments:
Post a Comment