Betsy

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Another Christmas

I spent my first Christmas Eve and day with my new family. T and I left on Christmas Eve morning and drove south to Kentucky to spend a couple of days with his parents and Aunt Shirley. We arrived to a lovely state with no snow on the ground. Since T claimed he hasn't seen the ground in Indiana in over a month and a half, I suggested we go for a little family jaunt around the neighborhood. At like 38 degrees, it felt warm to us.
Pat and Eddie humored me, as this was my first Christmas and they were accommodating their new daughter in law. They were cold:)
Shirley was the least down with this plan. She was a trouper, though and trudged through with the help of some earmuffs.

We had some Cosmos prior to dinner. Perhaps 3 or 4. Pat mixes a mean cocktail. I was just so happy, you see. I had to tell Trinity how much I loved him. I did this often between swigs.
The next morning we awoke to a little scavenger hunt for our stocking goodies. Here are some of the piles of loot.
One of our gifts was a buff. I prefer to call it a burqa, but only if you wear it in the style I am modeling.
T did it up turban style. We are to wear these to protect our faces during skiing in Aspen, as these were Pat's instructions. I plan on protecting my face from the hot tub steam. We also received gift certificates for excursions. Pat and Eddie gave us one weekend trip to the West Baden Springs Resort and Shirley gave us another weekend in Nashville at The Opryland Hotel, site of our engagement. We had such a wonderful visit and we can't wait for some weekend fun in 2011!

No comments: