T and I traveled south to Louisville this weekend. We went to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of our first meeting back in 2007. We stayed downtown at the historic Seelbach Hilton Hotel, which was beautiful and free. I used my Hilton Honors points for a free night, or maybe it was my close personal friendship with Paris Hilton that afforded me such a luxury. As if! I would never be friends with that coke snorting train wreck.
We swooned at the foot of the lobby's tree. The lights were mesmerizing.
T checks out our bed. Hilton Honors freebies aren't for tall people. We got a queen sized bed. We started complaining to each other and then remembered that was what we have at home. It looked smaller with that antiquey headboard. There were no tags, either. I had my scissors poised and ready to remove tags and my husband's finger if he got in the way. I always do a little happy dance when I can't locate a tag!
We then started rolling on the Urban Bourbon Trail, which is just basically a bar crawl through downtown Louisville, minus the matching shirts that say "Delta Gamma Seniors Bar Crawl 2001." We started at the Galt House, site of my bachelorette weekend in June. They had this bunk display of lights that cost $17.95 per adult. Uh, no thanks, jerks. We did enjoy the outside and T snapped some pics of me. I channeled my inner jockey with my equestrian boots and leggings, sans horse and 115lb physique. Judging from this pic, I seem to totally be down with the bowlegged stance of jockeys. Awesome.
Jockey Silks bar
We also hit up the Bar at the Brown Hotel, The Old Seelbach Bar, and a fabulous restaurant called Proof on Main. Swanky and tasty.
The best part of the experience was the pink cotton candy that came with our bill. A perfect end to our circus like antics!

1 comment:
Can we meet up at the Urban Bourbon Trail and actually wear the DG shirts? I don't think I have a single one left and would love to start up a new collection as "young" adults :)
Post a Comment