I was most excited that my dear pal Angie from high school came to visit at my parents' house, and brought her two darlings with her. She just gave birth to Eli 5 weeks ago, and she looks pretty amazing!
I look like a bobble head. Why? I appear to have the Giada de Laurentiis syndrome here. Big head, little body. Only I just have a really big head.
Anyway, that baby was cute.
Big sister Addie came too. She and Caroline had to warm up to one another. We encouraged them and explained that being in the same room was essential to becoming friends. We brought out snacks. Instant bonding!!!! It seems that snacking with pals for women starts at a very early age. Angie and I have shared many stories over massive amounts of food!
Guess who was good with a baby?
Caroline!
I have never been a natural with infants. I don't coo. Yesterday felt a tad different. Maybe it was my heart warming at the thought of having a bambino. Actually I think it was my ovaries shriveling up and telling me to get started. Either way, I was totally down with this baby.
Things started shaky...
Please, sir, cooperate. Don't embarrass me in front of your mother and my mother. Don't make my four year old niece look more maternal than me. Please.
Angie, I think you'd better take him. Is he okay? What do I do? I'm holding his hands, and pushing his little feet against my lady boobs. Do babies like this?
Ah, yes. Don't get up. Feet on boobs seems good. Fussiness averted.
I AM AWESOME. GET ME ONE OF THESE, STAT!
Seriously, thanks to sweet Angie for a lovely visit. I love her. I also miss her sister, Mandy, who was my BFF for like most of my childhood. Hugs and kisses!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment