At least I don't often at my age, unless my precious husband has done something wonderful. I once was a swooner, though, back in my college days. If you haven't seen this group before, they are called Straight No Chaser, and they were an a capella group that started at my beloved Indiana University when I was a student there. I went to my first SNC concert after a Delta Gamma pledge event during my freshman year. I swayed. I guffawed. I was hooked.
SNC came several times to sing for us during dinner on random nights over the next few years. I'll never forget the time they came and brought this guy. My memory is all fuzzy with details, but it must have been like my junior or senior year. Due to my cyber stalking skills I discovered that this looker was born in 1981, making him 2 years younger than moi. My deductive reasoning tells me he was probably a sophomore and I was a senior. He sang " I Want You Back" by the Jackson 5, and I remember barely being able to finish my fudge bar dessert, which tells you just how mesmerized I was. I recorded this show earlier this year when they performed in Chicago, I believe. I found it on youtube, along with a newer video with this cat singing "Tainted Love" in musical video form. It's marvelous, I just couldn't get it to download here. I watched it over and over and over again. Am I in love with these men? No. Am I infatuated with them? Again, no. Rather I'm in love and infatuated with what they represent, a splendid time in my life when I slept in bed #45 , ran down the front steps of the DG house to retrieve our house's copies of the IDS at 6 a.m. and had not a care in the world. Straight No Chaser makes me feel 19 again, and I love them for it.

No comments:
Post a Comment