Betsy

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I'm No Small Frye-

You may recall these beauts-
I purchased them from Zappos for a mere $298 smacks and waited with bated breath. I couldn't wait to get my gams in those gorgeous leatha babies. After I ordered them, I browsed through the reviews. One caught my eye, from a consumer who claimed that although she didn't think her calves were large, these boots were better for "skinny legged girls." I didn't fret. My issues are above the knee when it comes to legs. I've had trouble with jeans in the past, sometimes the correct waist size will be too tight due to my oft-mentioned "Polish thighs." However, my calves and knees are normal. Or so I thought.

Damn you, gorgeous Frye boots!
They arrived a short 24 hours later and I ripped open that box with the anticipation of the dad from "A Christmas Story." I pulled one boot smoothly over my foot, my calf and then HALT! WTF? My knees wrinkled and spilled over the top part of that boot, all muffin-top knee style.
Evidence of knee spillage. My boots overfloweth. They were so tight even without jeans tucked in. There was no hope of stuffing skinny jeans in those boots, as my legs themselves were not skinny enough.
Another close up. This doesn't really display the boot muffin top, but just giganto-kneeage.

I'd like to say I didn't cry, but I would be lying. I cried, whined, packed them up and shipped them back to that boot factory where baby ponies serve as fit models. I hate you, Frye Company. If you own Frye boots, I dislike you too:)

No comments: