Betsy

Total Pageviews

Monday, December 20, 2010

An early Christmas present!

T and I are jazzed about one of our "early" Christmas presents to one another. We are going to Aspen!!!! We have been graciously invited to ski the slopes and live the life for four days with our pals, Tim and Jamie.

These peeps know how to party.
Jamie has been giving me the low down on Aspen trips, since they go every year. She assures me that Aspen is super casual, you know the kind of place where everyone looks awesome wearing leggings and boots. I am now using this trip as an excuse to get these Frye boots:
that I've had my eye on for some time now anyway. Snowy slopes will serve as a lovely backdrop as I trek around in these blonde babies. Jamie and Tim are avid skiers, and Trinity is no stranger to the slopes. I had a fleeting moment when I talked about going to ski school with a group of 6 year olds, since I spend so much time with that age group anyway. T kindly urged me to refrain from skiing on this trip. But why, I pleaded! After much deliberation, we came up with a list of reasons as to why Betsy will not be skiing in Aspen.
1. It's damn expensive.
2. I hate being cold, and this combined with the expensive part, would make the 2 hours I'm willing to put in a total waste.
3. I try to avoid learning new things. I already know enough.
4. My physique. I have the athletic prowess of....hhhhmmmm. That's a tough one.

I decided to hunt youtube for a video that adequately displays this. I watched a few ski wipeouts, and then I recalled one animal that embodies my athleticism.

Betsy learning to ski is comparable to a baby giraffe learning to walk.
Give that spotted beast a couple of ski poles and voila!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't stop laughing!