Betsy

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

1st Birthday madness!

I attended Frankie's first birthday party this past Saturday. I'll start with the most important part of the soiree, the CAKE.
The layers were as followed, described perfectly to me by Frankie's father, Mark:
Bottom: chocolate with banana pudding filling
Middle: lemon with raspberry filling
Top: vanilla with vanilla buttercream filling
Now I was totally kidding about that cake being the most important part! We all know you can't have cake unless you have a birthday girl. Unless you are me, and then you have cake like every day, and twice on Sunday.
Frankie!
She was looking quite stylish in her dress, enjoying all of the festivities with her mother Gina.
Gina Lou grew up across the street from me. We may have had a battle or two over Cabbage Patch dolls and her giant trampoline, but we made it through, and our friendship has now lasted over 20 years. Gina gives me hope that I will be a skinny minnie post baby.
Caroline and I toasted the birthday girl with these fancy cups and sherbet punch. I swear, what's in that stuff? Meth? It tastes so great, especially when paired with cake. Who would think that like pineapple juice, raspberry sherbet and 7Up would combine to make a substance as addictive as crack cocaine? Speaking of sherbet, why won't spell check allow me to put an r in there? We say "sherbert" like rhymes with Herbert. Not, sher-bet, ends with what starts my name! That makes me unhappy. Oh, well, CHEERS and moving on...
Nash Potato is stinkin' cute. I tried to get him to hang out with me all day. I was a creeper. I might have said things like:
"Come with me, I have a lollipop in my pocket."
"I've lost my puppy. Will you help me find it?"
"Help me move this couch into my windowless van."

It seems his mother has already taught him about stranger danger. Damn! I actually kid. He was nice enough to let me hold him a few times and get my sweet little boy fix.
Caroline went to town on that pinata!
Then she donned her party favor shades and went home to play with Uncle Trinity.
Yay for a great par-tay!

No comments: