Betsy

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

French Lick Resort

Hello Caroline.
I was so happy to see you at "The Plaza Hotel" which was actually the French Lick Springs Resort and Hotel.
Here is my sweetest little Tennessee gal in her jeans that her mother bribed her to wear. Lil' C won't wear anything that is tight and constricting. I wonder where she gets that? Not from her Juicy Couture wearin' Aunt Bee, who refuses to recognize that her J.Lo style velour sweatpants went out of style about 4 years ago. Comfort is key with us.

Katie and Caroline met up with Mother and me for a fun girls' night out. Our day started out in a rocking way. I mean that literally. Caroline tried to rock herself into the foundation of the hotel.
Then she moved on to a pony ride. She was all about it. I believe YaYa even asked her if she wanted a pony for her own house. Hello? I was forced to remind everyone of Bonnie Blue Butler and how she tried to make that jump with her pony. We all know how that ended. Rhett and Scarlett never recovered. Fortunately there were no fences to jump-
It was cold and we all kind of look alike in this photo. Katie looks like Mom. I look like a hybrid of Jane and Bob.
Here I am introducing Caroline to the goats. They were pushy. They wanted to eat everything. I told C all about one of my favorite books, Gregory the Terrible Eater. He is a goat who eats naughty things. I don't think she believed me until she watched that big goat eat the tissue that I had just used to blow my nose. That goat was quick! I hope he doesn't get a sinus infection from that snot rag of mine.

Then we moved on to the French Lick Winery. Katie and Mom were refined with Pinot Grigio. I slurped down something called Ruby Rhazz. I like my wines classy. Katie hushed me after I proclaimed to the entire wine bar, "With a name like Smuckers, you know it's good." People don't always appreciate my sarcastic humor. I say, if your wine tastes like jam, then you should be prepared to deal with comments like that. Oh, and I'll have a second glass, thanks.

I asked Caroline to stand in the beautiful hallway of our hotel. I then pulled out a pinafore dress and a matching twin doll and asked her to repeatedly say REDRUM. She didn't go for it. I succeeded in sufficiently freaking out my mother and sister though. Danny isn't here, Mrs. Torrance. I think I watch too many movies.
Bowling in hot pink sequin pants? Absolutely!
Pool time!
I got quite the arm workout catching Li'l C repeatedly as she leapt from the side of the pool with reckless abandon. She's social, you know, so she made friends. I ended up catching half the kids from French Lick too. Mom and Katie sipped daquiris poolside.
End of trip at the buffet. We were tired. We were also wearing matching black yoga pants, without the actual practicing of yoga. Here I schooled Caroline on eating all that one can possibly stuff into one's mouth when dining at a buffet. Hence the stretch black yoga pants.
We had such a marvelous time!

No comments: