The family welcomed March with a little Irish fun. iBob, aka my father, bought tickets for all of us to see The Chieftains in concert. The concert was at the auditorium at Indiana University, my former happy place. I wasn't familiar with this lively band. They've been together for almost 50 years and they play traditional Irish music. Dad told me that they even tour with Irish dancers.

I immediately hoped for Michael Flatley-
he wasn't part of the act.
I forced everyone to pose as we headed to our seats.
Grab the program and smile for posterity. He's getting very accustomed to this.
Now don't go thinking that Chip and Katie weren't included in this event. They were invited, and Dad bought them tickets too. Somehow those two didn't think a 2 hour concert was worth the 5 hour drive.
What does one do with two extra tickets to an Irish concert? We invite along Patrick and Judith, since they are totally Irish. At least Pat is. His name is crazy Irish. I won't say it, lest there be stalkers. It's as Irish as Patrick O'Reilly, or Patrick O'Malley, or Patrick O'Something. You get the idea.
Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of Pat and Judy. They got raucous. They were clapping and tapping their feet along to the tunes. Although I have no evidence of their festiveness, I did manage to pull a few photos of their former shenanigans.
Exhibit A: Pat likes to party. I like his tie.

Exhibit B: Judy steps in. Pat starts doing the Carlton move from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. I know you all get that reference. Pat might not.

Exhibit C: The Finnigans go wild. Mother Jane joins in.

Thanks, Dad, for all of the fun!

No comments:
Post a Comment