Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Night the Hair Band Stole my Chair

Last night a group of friends headed out for a few drinks to celebrate Jenny's birthday. She teaches with me and just had a baby like 3 weeks ago. We went to Cheeseburger in Paradise and became acquainted with this band. I think I'm safe to say they were a "Hair Band."
My, my they were a hoot. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. The one on the right was a nice mix of Keith Richards and Slash. Blondie was a combo of, well, Blondie, David Bowie and Dana Carvey's Garth character.
He was feelin' it big time. We're talking eyes rolled back, pursed lips, swiveling hips, the whole shootin' match.
Our table of lovelies was located conveniently in front of the Bobby Lee band. We were like groupies, but I will henceforth refer to us as Bandaids.
Trinity was a big fan. I think he is reenacting Gene Simmons sans full Kiss makeup. Speaking of my husband, he decided to approach Blondie Big Hair during a set break, slip him a fiver, and ask him to serenade the birthday girl.
This is where things took a turn for the worse.
Happy Jenny. Jenny looks happy.
Still happy. Trinity did not catch the 30 seconds that transpired right before this shot was taken. I think it was because he was laughing too hard. Picture it-Sicily 1942. Actually rewind a few seconds and imagine this scene. Bowie from The Labyrinth approaches Jenny. I am sitting next to her. There is an empty chair right next to me. I stand up to move to the next empty chair to make room for the crooner. As I plunk my whole body weight down, the singing sensation steals my chair for himself. Big girl heads downtown fast. On her heiney. In front of the whole bar. This only added to the excitement. Little man with hips narrower than my 4 year old niece pulls me up. I'm not sure how that physically happened because I believe he weighed 98 lbs. My Diet Coke and Malibu rum softened the brunt of embarrassment and concrete floor.
As an apology, he then performed for me.
Yay!!!! My tailbone and I applaud your performance.

No comments: