Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Big Weekend Happenings

Robby and Meghan had their first wedding shower this weekend.  It was a couples shower, which I love because then it's more like a party.  
Meg's parents came over to Mom and Dad's prior to the soiree. 


Allison and Teri really have the same face. 


Tim and Jamie joined the party.  


Robeghan was very enthusiastic about gift opening.  Lots of oohs and aaahs.  Here is one of their gifts, a deck lantern.  Steve quipped that it was perfect for romantic nighttime hikes.  


Back at the ranch I had Mom take a photo before I started to wilt.  In my current state, I look put together for all of 15 minutes.  


More enthusiasm!  
This time over a waffle maker and waffle mix.  
Look at those faces of pure joy!


Mom and Dad rejoicing over how close they are to marrying off all 3 of their children.  
"How did we do it, Bob?"  I'm sure that's what mother is saying, "especially Betsy?"


As the hours wore on, I wilted a bit, despite the air conditioning.  I think the  sash on my dress got smaller too.  Maybe I ate two raspberry bars and a brownie.  I don't know.  


I've lately gone back to eating desserts and really not so much regular food.  That's how I maintain my killer physique that is looking more like Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.  

The male folk congregated in the kitchen.  



It was a great party.

On Sunday morning Dad took us all to the Cracker Barrel.  I adore the Cracker Barrel, I shan't deny it.  I like that hash brown casserole.  After breakfast Mom and I went to Nana's to pick up Caroline and Nolan.


Caroline and Nolan are two peas in a pod.  He is perfectly agreeable and she loves to be in control.  This works out splendidly.  He is a sport about playing with her dollhouses and dolls, as that's all we have at my parents' house.  
Here he loaded up the doll mini van and announced that we were headed to Target.  I loved that.  

We got home and decided to start on the crib construction.  I spotted Miss Priss in her new napping spot, on my sequined leather weekender bag in my closet.  


That crib was a serious bish, and it took Rob and Trinity to get it together.


Genevieve will be no match for me, as it took only my set of hands to wrestle Kashmir into a sleep sack and bonnet to try out the crib.  


We still have to get a mattress, but I wanted to try it out.  

Trinity didn't want to be party to my kitty abuse, as he called it.  I screamed, "hold that cat!"  


G's closet is filling up rapidly with Caroline's castoffs.  She will look snazzy and all of that money will be left for me to buy clothes for myself.  Win win for everyone, I say.
Selfishness is still a problem for me, as you can see.  

Coyote man and the constructed baby bed.  


I must nap now, as I am exhausted.  As I mentioned before, I ate a lot of raspberry bars last night.  I also very helpfully held the flashlight as my stealth like future sister in law crawled around on the floor and used her tiny lady mitts to screw in screws as the boys held the big parts together.  She was all Catherine Zeta-Jones in Entrapment where she has to go under laser beams, only Meg worked around a very difficult iron mattress frame. 
I didn't get a picture because it was a lot of rear in the air, which I don't think she would have appreciated.
Thanks, family!

No comments: