There was a lot of socializing during this two shower weekend. I already shared some photos of Meghan's bridal shower, but I left out the desserts. We had mini cupcakes, kahlua bars and raspberry bars, and the left overs have been making their way down my pie hole.
Katie snapped this picture of shower preparations after we completed our neighborhood hot laps.
My mom kept screaming for a large spoon, while I did my best Cousin Vicki impression from National Lampoon's Vacation.
You remember Cousin Vicki. She stirred the Koolaid with her hand and taught Audrey how to french kiss.
I did not actually use my hand. No concerns, dear shower guests.
On Saturday evening my family went to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory to wish Robby luck on his bar exam this week.
I mentioned that it was the first time in years that the 5 of us had been together, minus significant others.
Mom asked the waiter to take our picture. He claimed he didn't mind, since he did it all of the time.
Clearly, you don't, Stuart.
This picture is horrible.
Following our typical family dynamics, Mother started to tear up over being with her original family. She even started to refer to us as The FAB FIVE, which has been said, like never.
I was quick to mention that we weren't that thuggish basketball team from Michigan in the mid 90s, and Robby furthered ruined the moment by mentioning that there were technically 6 of us at the table, as I was carrying a "passenger."
Mother quickly recovered.
I went to sleep in my bedroom at my parents' house and marveled over my closet transformation. The space that once was overrun with oversized flannel shirts and Birkenstocks has now been transformed into a small nursery for my daughter.
On Sunday morning I attended my first of two baby showers hosted by my mother's friends Leslie, Gail, Dee and Nancy.
They all have been friends for like 40 years.
They don't host showers with paper products.
It was beautiful.
Here is our great looking crew.
Skanky BFF Nicole drove 3 hours one way to watch me stuff my face, rub my belly, and open gifts.
She's in the back row with two tiny eyes peeking out.
As usual, my chest came to the party.
It was almost surpassed by my new stomach nose. I may start to ace bandage that belly button, as I am having great trouble looking at it.
Here's a better picture of Nicole.
I came home and organized and washed baby loot.
I will be in school one week from today!










No comments:
Post a Comment