Meghan's bachelorette weekend in Nashville was a rip roaring success. She picked me up on Friday morning and we headed straight for the Music City. We met sister Katie at Opryland to check in, where everyone and their brother was hanging out. I have never seen that hotel so crowded. People were everywhere, snapping pictures of Koi fish. As Allison so famously said, "what are they going to do with a picture of one of those fish?" I nodded in agreement and then took this picture later in the evening.
A darling outfit for my soon to be here child. The three of us went to the shops behind the Mall at Green Hills and did some shopping, and I found this cute getup at a darling children's store called Snap.
We ate our way through the Whole Foods store, which is always a must when in Nashville. Katie and I figured we went to the Whole Foods 4 times during the weekend. We are officially old and mesmerized by that store. That evening we had drinks at The Patterson House where I had a sugary mocktail, and dinner at the hotel.
On Saturday we returned to the Mall and also to Whole Foods. We attended the free yoga class at Lululemon and purchases were made by all attendees. That stuff is ridiculously priced, yet equally comfortable. We went to Las Paletas, one of my favorite spots in Nashville. They have the most glorious popsicles.
Katie may have had to clean raspberry lime off of my face with her licked finger. Gross. Again, we're old, or maybe she just is.
Lingerie soiree cupcakes were procured from The Painted Cupcake.
They had me at pink striped walls and cupcake.
Allison prepped the treat table, since she has vast experience in food service. Everyone else was terrified of removing an eye with the champagne bottles.
Meghan was pleased with her pink sparkly cupcakes,
and her loot.
We had a great dinner at The Silly Goose, a cool farm to table restaurant. They seated us at a long picnic table and then added two hipster guys at the end for the final two seats. Communal seating isn't really my thing.
I'm guessing sitting with a bunch of girls at a bachelorette party wasn't their thing either.
Broadway was no match for us, and we started at our beloved Robert's Western World.
I learned that honky tonk bars aren't quite as fun when one isn't drinking, but rather rubbing one's swollen midsection.
We quickly determined we were the classiest bachelorette party in town, since we simply didn't identify ourselves as such.
You can imagine.
Lots of veils, sashes and unsightly accessories.
I lasted until midnight, which I deemed medal worthy.
As we were leaving a couple of drunk girls passed me and one exclaimed, "oh my god, she's pregnant!"
Yes, skank, that be true.
Now get out of my face before I kick you with a seriously swollen Tory Burched foot.
I arrived home on Sunday to my husband, who had traveled for a quick weekend in Pennsylvania to see his grandmother. His parents came too. Wellie has been busy crocheting up a storm for the baby.
She sent home this beautiful baby blanket.
She also sent him home with a cooler full of her traditional Cuban cooking. We'll be living large for a while, and last night we had chicken and rice. T recorded her talking about coming to this country, meeting his grandfather and her family in Cuba. He also recorded her talking to Vivi, mostly in Spanish. She is such a gem.






No comments:
Post a Comment