Betsy

Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 22, 2012

I Hosted an Event!!!!

Yes, yes I did!
Now that I am 33 years old and own a house that accommodates more than my bed and a litter box, I have now hosted a couple of events.  Katie and I had a small bridal shower for Meghan, as she is soon to be married to brother Robby.  
Jane was there with her Canon Rebel several mortgage payments camera, so I asked her to photo my kitty prior to the shower, all professional style.




She was resting in our bedroom, and she is furry and precious.

Now if you are sitting there thinking that I am crazy and you've seen enough pictures of my cat to last a lifetime or several lifetimes, then I say "move on!  This isn't the blog for you! You're not my friend."  So there, don't think that.  Let's be friends and agree that she is remarkable.
She is furring up my new rug, which I love. It is gray and wonderful.  How do you spell gray?  Grey?  Either way is acceptable. I only use grey when referring to Grey Poupon or Earl Grey tea, neither of which is necessary in my life, since I don't live in England or have a butler.   I think I committed to gray when I taught first grade and we studied -ay and it was just easier to go in that direction.  

Meghan with her mother and my mother

Meg's parents bought her the KitchenAid cover,which must then cover that giant mixer that everyone wants.  They bought it for her, in sassy yellow, but Carol decided to save her own back and not lug it to my house. Smart move, as I may have discreetly placed it in my own cabinet. I didn't get one. I registered for it, but no one deemed me worthy.  

I dabble in floral arranging when I'm not eating cupcakes.  


Kirby and Amanda came.  Amanda aka Tiny, is really tiny.  Kirby isn't much larger, but she wore some serious heels.  She looked amaze balls, but I don't think my wooden floors want to see her again.  Ha!


Katie resisted the statement necklace.  I persisted.  I won, as usual.  

The whole gang in my living room.  
Note the chain gang of convicts across the back row.  Horizontal stripes on skinny people are amazing.  Someone intervene and get that horizontal stripe dress out of my closet, stat.  A Pea in the Pod has led me astray.  I think it looks so cute, but it doesn't photograph so well.  My mother was encouraging,   "I love it because it makes you look SO pregnant." 
My baby shower is the next event, which I won't be hosting at my own house because I have friends, I really do.  And they love my cat.      

No comments: