Sometimes I wonder why I have such bad allergies. Then I remember the reason.
I have a cat, and a very fluffy one at that. She puts off a lot of "dander" which is a fancy word for kitty dust. I like to pretend that I'm allergic to oak, pollen, dandelions and pussywillows, but I secretly think I'm just allergic to pussycats.
What is this a picture of, one might ask? Kashmir sleeping on my pillow. The one I put my face on, with all of the orifices such as my nose, eyes and mouth that are great receptacles for kitty dust.
Of all the nooks that would be lovely for slumbering in my home, she chooses my pillow. Speaking of places to sleep or lounge, Kashmir loves a suitcase. I think this is pretty common for pets. T and I laughed on Sunday because I set out my little carry on Samsonite, a lovely wedding gift from Aunt Shirley, thank you! I unzipped to top and waited. When we returned about 5 minutes later, there she sat, staring blankly into space. I would love to believe she understood the gravity of my impending absence, but I think she really just liked the suitcase.
So now I'm in Arkansas and it dawns on me that I might be able to find a tiny little suitcase for her to sleep in, one that I would buy for that exclusive purpose. I had a cute little green or blue vintage one in mind, almost the size of a hatbox or something, since she only weighs 6.5 lbs.
I first decided to search Etsy.com, because it rhymes with my name and it always has cute stuff.
Well people, I am not the first person to think of this one. There is an entire market out there for vintage suitcase cat beds.

Some crafty person has even put feet on it, and included a pillow. This would be perfect for Sass.
I kept hunting, and I found this one. I nearly wet myself.
This one is being modeled by "Creepy Cat." Anyone recall "Creepy Cat?" She's actually a "Fur Real" cat, and my mother promised her to my niece Caroline in exchange for not acting like a raging lunatic toddler in my wedding.

Fur Real made it in a lot of my wedding photos, and she was instrumental in Caroline's flower girl success.



I just looked at this last one closely. I always thought I was clutching Fur Real. I have no idea as I look at this photo what was in my hands. That is an over served bride. Now I'm off to buy a $65 cat bed from etsy.com for Betsy.

2 comments:
Oh, how I love you more and more after every post. You are a riot. I love etsy and I love Betsy. I hate cats though. Sorry! We've had two and I just can't stand them.
Just make sure the lid is secure and will not close on Miss Sass. She has a brain the size of a pea and would surely perish if she got trapped!
Post a Comment