My dear mother loves all things royal. She hosted a Royal Wedding viewing party at her house on Friday. Here is the British flag to welcome the guests.
Caroline, our little flower girl, anxiously awaited the arrival of the guests. I pray she becomes the next India Hicks. That would be amazing!!!
The spread of goodies, with my own bridally portrait watching the festivities from the background. Mother has been polishing her silver for days, you see. This is completely normal behavior in her eyes. You don't entertain without silver. She is unaware that it is no longer 1952, but I enjoy her traditional ways.
The cake was absolutely delicious!
Mimosas were prepared under the watchful eye of His Royal Highness, Prince William Phillip Louis, etcetera, etcetera...
Princess Diana was at the center of the celebration. Mother's toast included, "God bless our beautiful Diana, and to hell with the Rottweiler." She's a huge fan of Camilla, obviously.
Judith arrived as The Queen. She carried a brass curtain rod as her scepter. We don't fool around when it comes to being clever.
Mother and Virginia sported beautiful feather fascinators.
His Regal Puss in Boots enjoyed a mimosa. I kid, we don't inebriate our felines.
Meg, Caroline and I hit up the fruit bowl. We had lots of fruit. We like to keep our guests regular.


We relaxed on the couch to watch the festivities. I sadly see that once again, my gams are more Camilla than Kate or Diana. The angst!

No comments:
Post a Comment