I have no idea why I have this picture. It showcases my large nasal cavities and lips perfectly!
Oh, woe is me.
I broke down and miraculously got an appointment tomorrow with my Ear, Nose and Throat doctor, also known as an Otolaryngologist. Say that 6 times fast. I am so over my issues with my face, nose, head, whatever. My head has throbbed for like 6 weeks. I was explaining all of this to my dear mother, who is completely to blame for all of my ailments.
Mrs. Snozberry and her spawn.
like mother, like daughter. Mother lacks my enormous blowholes, though.
She apologized today for this, claiming full responsibility for my pain. She believes my sinuses and allergies are hereditary. I believe her. Let me just say this. As a child I was awakened by Janie in one of two ways. Sometimes she crept into my room singing
Come out, come out wherever you are
And meet the young lady who fell from a star
She fell from the sky, she fell very far
And meet the young lady who fell from a star
She fell from the sky, she fell very far
And Kansas she says is the name of the star
All Glenda the Good Witch style. She even held her hands out as if gripping a wand. Yes, I'm serious. The other way she woke her three pumpkins was by hacking up sinus secretions from the back of her throat in the bathroom sink. I preferred the first method. The point is that I knew all about sinuses and allergies from a young age. I have also had some tough breaks as an adult due to extensive overexposure to The Wizard Of Oz. Most of my peers don't get my favorite, oft-used phrases:
"Don't make me get the flying monkeys!"
"POPPIES!"
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."
Again, I must thank my parents for thinking it was 1955 for my entire childhood.
As I fussed over my pain today, I thought it would be so awesome if I could remove my nose and sinuses, Mrs. Potatohead style.

Oh my. It seems Mrs. Potatohead and I share enormous eyes, lips and a nose. That's depressing. I do want her purse.

No comments:
Post a Comment