Betsy

Total Pageviews

Monday, May 16, 2011

Special K

Kashmir and I celebrate 10 years of cohabitation this month.




She has been with me for most of my adult "grown up" life. I took her with me when I moved from Indiana to North Carolina for my first job. She's been with me through heartbreaks and joyful moments. We bought our first house together. She consoled me when I thought I might live out the cliche of being a crazy cat lady. She kept me from getting too lonely when I lived alone.

She welcomed Trinity from the start. She knew he was a keeper. Now the three of us live together in the home that me and Miss Kitty created together. I know it is sappy and silly to speak this way about a cat, particularly one who can be as aloof and sassy as her. But I love her and her sweet flat face. So much.

No comments: