Saturday morning Sister Katie and I left our parents' house and headed back to Indy to shower this lovely lady with lots of baby love! Cinda is due to birth two bambinos on June 7th. One boy and one girl shall bear likeness to this goober-
They are genetically predisposed to come out dancing and singing. Gabe's performance abilities remind me of this guy
Katie and her pals Kirby, Mel, Jaymee and Amanda outdid themselves with food from Cafe Patachou and mini cupcakes from The Flying Cupcake. I started my perfect food day at this shower.
As I toured Cinda's beautiful home, I spied this. Now in her defense, this was hung inconspicuously on a wall that is not prominent. However it was still hanging. Miss Cinda had some glory days as one of Indiana University's Red Steppers. They were known for their high kicks and sassy boots.
I returned home to find my lawn mowed and my garage cleaned. I should leave town more often. As I exited the garage, I spied the ulterior motive for Trinity's cleaning frenzy. He clearly wanted a clear viewing spot to display his Triple Crown Victory, his Trifecta, if you will, at the American Association of Debauchery Games last year. You might recall my "Slapshot" shot taking while wearing my mother's Head tennis jacket. T and his partner Chad killed everyone in the tourney of darts, corn hole and beer pong. His platform of excellence looks smashing against a backdrop of extension cord-
We headed out to one of my favorite Indy spots for dinner, H2O Sushi. T had a pre dinner cocktail of RI1 whisky. In order to reach his whisky, he left out a bottle of Frangelico. I marveled at how much this bottle looks like Mrs. Butterworth's. It needs a child safety cap, for Lord's Sake. Some unsuspecting child might want some pancake syrup. I knew better, for I hate syrup. Shocking, I know, since I eat cake by the pound. I rather dislike syrup.
I didn't take any pictures at the restaurant. There was a couple on their first date next to me at the sushi bar and I was far too busy eavesdropping. I was an awesome dinner date to my own husband, as I constantly shushed him so I could vicariously enjoy their excitement.
When we returned I whipped out the maraca cups I bought at a garage sale. They shake and rattle and they are awesome. I love kitsch. Oh, and no I'm not pregnant. My dress might argue to the contrary, but I'm not I swear-

On the way back from sushi, I drove T through Butler University's campus. I tried to convince him to look for any houses that might be for sale within visual distance of the Delta Gamma house. Wouldn't it be fabulous if I could just go and hang with the DGs everyday when I got home from work? He disagreed. It certainly is not as beautiful as my own Theta chapter house of DG at IU, but whatevs.
As we were driving home, Cherry Bomb by John Mellencamp started playing on the radio. I told T of one of my absolute favorite college memories. One beautiful sunny day in August 2000, I was a carefree senior at IU. As I got up that morning, rumors were flying that John Mellencamp was going to play a free concert in Woodlawn Field at 1:00. I blew off class with my BFF Nicole and we went to check it out. He was there, he played, and it was marvelous. I remember being insanely hot and insanely excited. I told myself I would always remember that crazy day and how fun it was. On the way back to our house, my leather sandal strap broke. Like totally off. I don't think I was so in to pricey shoes then. I hobbled back home on the hot pavement in one sandal, laughing all of the way. I was probably drunk. Yes, yes, I'm certain of that. Glory days!


No comments:
Post a Comment