Betsy

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

School's Out for Summer!!!!

School ended for the 2010-2011 year today. I walked out of school having completed 10 years of teaching. How is that possible? Time flies with a job you love. Trinity took me to my old standby favorite, Bonefish Grill for dinner to celebrate. I seized the opportunity to practice my new iPhone skills. I'm late to jump on the Instagram bandwagon, but it wasn't available on my old flip phone.

Wowza! Sequins and rhinestone earrings at 5:30 p.m. on a Wednesday?
You betcha!

I adore those $5 Raspberry Vodka Collins cocktails. A bargain for your wallet and taste buds.

It was also $5 Bang Bang Shrimp night. It seems that Bonefish knew that today was a big day for me. Or they do that every Wednesday. Either way, I proclaim Bang Bang shrimp to be a superfood.
I couldn't resist a Princess K photo op.
I also got a fun package via UPS this afternoon. I had been stalking these crushed glitter sandals from J.Crew for like a month but never pulled the trigger to buy them. Alas, they sold out and were listed as "No longer available." Scarcity makes my heart race. They had to be mine. I decided I might be able to make do with some sort of substitute, so I typed in "glitter shoes" on Shopstyle.com and voila! I found my true loves. Net-a-Porter.com apparently sells J.Crew too, and they had them. I ordered them immediately. Then I learned that you have to be there for delivery to sign for them. What?

Apparently this website sells lots of frou frou fancy dancy designer duds. Signing must be some sort of liability thingy. Those are official legal terms. I'm learning from law school brother Robby. I can see why this might make sense for a $5,000 dress, but my little sandals didn't seem to need a signature. Whatevs...they got here a smidge before 5 and I was here. I greeted the UPS man with a friendly, "Thank God you haven't driven into a vortex. This weather is crazy!" He agreed.

Phew. I'm getting wordy. Still there?


I tore open that box with the vigor of the dad from A Christmas Story.

Crushed glitter love.
Am I a foot model?
No.
But I should be.
Are there size 10 giantess foot models?
I would like to apply.
I got another shock to the system regarding my legs. Remember the terrible knees/boots saga? Well let's just say these sandals strap around my ankles and they have 5 holes. I barely was able to get into the 2nd one. I have fat ankles too. Geez.

I also need a new mirror.
This one is so 1972.
I left the tags on while I tried them on. They kinda look like those ankle tracking devices. I swear I'm not on house arrest. Although I might as well be as much as I leave the house in the summer.


Another view. I also love this rug.
I must find something to occupy my time now.
T says I should work at Starbucks to support my nasty habit.
I say that job looks way too difficult.

I took some pics of some of the sweet children I am privileged to love every day-


I will miss their precious faces.

No comments: